How to Make Fluffy Blueberry + Cannabis Pancakes
If you need for an indulgent breakfast treat, look no further! These blueberry pancakes are fluffy, buttery, and pack a nice uplifting high to jumpstart your day. We’ll use the Uplifting CannaButter recipe from last week in this recipe to give our pancakes a lift.
Time: 30 minutes | Potency per serving: 2.5mg per pancake | Yield: 12 pancakes
- measuring spoons
- small sauce pan
- medium mixing bowl
- large skillet or griddle
- ice cream scoop or measuring cup with a spout
- turner or pancake flipper
- 2 cups of flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon butter, plus more for greasing the skillet.
- 2 teaspoons CannaButter
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups cream or yogurt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
Optional Blueberry Syrup
- 1 cup of blueberrues
- 1/3 cup of water
- 2.5 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon of cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon of water
- 1/6 teaspoon of vanilla
Let’s make some pancakes!
You can use the remaining blueberries as a topping for your pancakes or you can use them to create a blueberry syrup.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt together.
- In a small saucepan, melt 1 teaspoon of regular butter and the canna butter over low heat just until liquid.
- Add the melted butter to the dry ingredients, mixing gently with a spatula.
- Add the eggs and cream, beating gently until the mixture is free of clumps.
- Add half of the blueberries and mix them in gently. Be careful not to crush them!
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and grease the pan with a generous amount of butter to prevent sticking.
- Use and ice cream scoop or measuring cup with a spout to pour consistent pancakes, approximately 3 inches in diameter.
- Cook until you see small bubbles or holes. then flip. Roughly 2 minutes per side. Repeat until you’ve used all the batter.
Note: This is an optional step, feel free to use maple syrup and use the additional berries as a topping. This syrup can be made while cooking your pancakes in step 8 above.
- Place the blueberries in a small saucepan. Cover with water and add sugar and vanilla.
- Heat over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil and the blueberries begin to break apart.
- Add dissolved cornstarch to saucepan and bring the mixture to a roiling boil.
- Turn heat down and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until sauce is the desired consistency Add water a tablespoon at a time the reduce thickness.
- Remove from heat and serve!