Psychedelic mushrooms contain psilocybin, which is actually non-psychoactive. Our bodies convert the psilocybin to psilocin through a process called phosphorylation, and then the fun begins. This process takes about two hours if you let your stomach and kidneys do all the work.
Lemon Tek converts the psilocybin to psilocin prior to consumption! This means your trip will come much faster and peak higher than traditional methods without the gut rot and upset stomach issues.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF LEMON TEK?
- Significantly faster come-up: As the conversion of psilocybin into psilocin takes place outside the body, the uptake time in the body is much more rapid.
- More powerful high: Though this is disputed, most users report the effects coming on stronger and harder than when eaten plain or drunk as a tea.
- Shorter-lasting high: For some this is a benefit, for others a drawback. As the conversion has already happened, the body can process the psilocin faster.
- Tastes better: Chewing grams of dry shrooms can be tiresome. Turning them into a thick, lemony shot can make them easier to consume.
- Reduces nausea: The acid in the lemon juice is thought to break down some of the chitin in the shrooms‘ cell walls. This is one of the main suspects for the nausea experienced on magic mushrooms (if you suffer very badly from nausea, mushroom tea might be for you, as you need not consume any chitin).
The lemon tek psychedelic effects can be more potent, according to anecdotal evidence. Normally, the effects of magic mushrooms tend to occur in waves. When someone lemon teks shrooms, they often have a more concentrated trip, which can end more suddenly.
The lemon tek effect might last 4-6 hours, though some users say it is even shorter. In contrast, the standard mushroom method offers a trip of 6-8 hours, sometimes longer.
For first-time users, the gentler effect of conventional consumption is the better option. It enables them to get used to how mushrooms feel without an overly intense experience.
LEMON TEK DIRECTIONS
- Cut or grind the magic mushrooms into as fine a powder as possible. The larger the surface area, the better the conversion. A coffee grinder is best suited to this, but a knife works well too.
- Juice the lemons and pour it over the mushroom powder—make sure that you cover it completely. Leave this to sit for about 25 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so. Although there is no exact time frame for this conversion, once psilocybin has converted into psilocin, it can oxidise, at which point it breaks down. As such, don’t leave it for much longer than this.
- (Optional stage) Filter the juice through filter paper or a cheesecloth to obtain pure mushroom juice, and discard the mushrooms. This is good for reducing nausea.
- (Optional stage) Add water or tea (not boiling!) to your juice. This will improve the taste and allow you to consume it more slowly.
- Drink it! If you skipped step 4, then drink your lemon tek like a shot. If a quick and hard come-up is what you’re after, this is the way to do it.